Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gawky

Gawky Active Member

Money:
    $315

HELP/ISSUE Time to make this (by what i've seen)

Discussion in 'Trouble in Terrorist Town' started by Gawky, Jan 21, 2018.

Now recently Battlegrounds has been having quite a lot of bugs/issues, even if it's not with BG it self or just plugins/addons that is used.

1. We all know about this, Knives. Yes it's already been spoken about but still should be addressed even further due to it not being fixed. Knives are something people actually care to have/hold for a item. Not no fucking crowbar every time they play. It's also something people like to spend their time on, which is getting shit to get some of the best ones. One of the main things a majority of people wants fixed.

https://gyazo.com/c26ea596243c435dfdf0269a10014e6f.gif

2. A recent bug that has been killing people, The points. Randomly player's points have been either randomly disappearing and or turning into Negative points. Now a lot of players care for there points and spend quite some time getting them (Not me :^)). Quite frankly it sucks that points may or may not be given back to people because you are not "entitled" to do so.

https://gyazo.com/c18ccdd5cbf280ce8f69d213e7041228

3. I recently found this out myself, Don't know if it's just me or what. Players paint colors for avatars seem to have been buggy too now. Yes yes yes, It may not be as much of a big deal but it's still something that should be fixed. If that was the case of it not being fixed why continue to have a section just for paints.

https://gyazo.com/8ec01584b0c4cd8d93bacb6b9535d285

4. One of my favorites/One that others hate. Ranks randomly disappearing during rounds. I think I am the only person this happens to or whatever. But the current rank I have as of now is VIP, Which is for Premium Moderator. Now randomly throughout the game it demotes to me normal Mod. In order for me to get the VIP back I have to rejoin the game which causes a fucking big lag spike for other players. Now this lag spike happens everytime a Premium joins the server.

https://gyazo.com/191c5c70dbeb625b04a360c79e831cac
    https://gyazo.com/72a581a941fc7cfcd6a15f71df520220

Staff:
    1. This is the only thing about this, Though it should be in DM's. Now it's already been seen by other mods. How our Banning time has be reduced to a day max. Now as mods we need to have at least a week max. If we have to ban a hacker we need to ban them for a day then report it to Ostrig for a perm ban. Now what if ostrig is not able to get on before that 1 day ban is over? They will come back and do the same shit. We cannot keep clicking the ban button on 1 day acting as if it will increase. A week for mods should be acceptable to help stop many things with other players.

But besides the staff part, That's all I've seen/noticed what's been going on with BG. Though I wouldn't be shocked if there's more bugs. But yeah (I was too lazy to type like essays for each fucking bug but yeah)
    But is this enough proof for you my mom? :)

2. x

x Regional Manager

1. I don't know why you would think that fixing an issue like this is simple, as i stated before if you find a fix let us know so we can update it.
    2.http://traitorsplayground.com/threads/pointshop-and-negitive-points.5145/#post-45035, we litterally explained what happened and asked if it' still occurring, no one has messaged/replied staying they still had the issue nor do we have enough information to reproduce it. We asked some people and they stated they were NOT getting this issue anymore, if you are still getting this let us know with steps to recreate it.
    3. Some skins can't be colored due to the nature of the skins, this is not a "bug"
    4. This has been manually set as a bypass for now till we update something.

As for the staff request, you shouldn't be ban happen, bans are only for disruption of chat (mostly), if a player is hacking you're first go to is to max slay them they usually leave. If they don't leave then you simply slay them again, etc. Only when they are disrupting the game/chat do you ban. The ban system is also set up to be more lenient to players since in the past we have had to deal with abusive and mods non following instructions thus we have a lower ban time. You can handle any case without using a ban with slays/mute/gags.

3. Gawky

Gawky Active Member

Money:
    $315
    Anything that has been stated before or not, Still needs to be stated until any actual fixes happen. Also weren't you the one that you're not entitled to give back players points or whatever the case was. In the end this wouldn't be happening if stuff was fixed when being notified. Now not only me but other members has seen anything done to help fix these problems. Also a majority of skins can be colored as in the skeleton. Which has always been colored until it stopped working. So it may not be a bug but it should be clarified as an issue because it is one.

• Now for the bans, Bans shouldn't be only used for disruption of chat. If a player hacks a ban should happen not just fucking slays. Also in the past those staff members abused it. To this day (if just me) I yet to see any Moderator abuse their powers as banning players. A majority of cases needs to be handled with ban. If that was the case banning should be a thing which sounds like you're saying that.

#3 Thread Starter Thread Starter
  4. x

x Regional Manager

We didn't say you were not entitled to be given points back, i did state that we did not have a way to keep track of how much points a person lost since we uploaded an update for the shop one day and the next day it apparently caused this issue. Don't put words in my mouth.
    Once again i don't think you understand that problems can't be solved instantly, as i stated before i have pushes issues to the dev. who is currently working on it, i myself am not a dev for the shop.

Regards to bans, why wouldn't you use bans mainly for disruption of chat? If a player is hacking you simply slay them so they can't play the round, issue solved. Player ghosting (which is hard to prove by the way...) should be done with a kick/warning with the kicks, repeated offense could lead to a ban. It seems that you think the only administrative tool you have on hand is the banning function, which is simply not true.

5. Gawky

Gawky Active Member

Money:
    $315
    Okay fine I may have twisted the words, So be it. But basically at the end of the day that is what you had put in players heads. No one said problems can be solved instantly, I'm stating how we've seen no progress towards it becoming fixed soon. With you or without being a dev, you still may have contact with the dev that can help with this issue way more to help stop this.

Disruption of chat? We mainly gag and mute which is the main reason for gag/mute. If a player is hacking why let them continue hacking and continue slaying them when banning them can keep them away from the server for a day (since that's our max) instead of constant kicking/slaying with flooding chat with it. Ghosting on the other hand, It is not very hard to prove when many players make it so obvious and easy that there Ghosting. A kick/warning will not stop them from ghosting, They can come back continue and we will have to keep kicking? No. Bans are so helpful in many situations not just mutes,gags,slays, and kicks. I do not think the banning function is the only administrative tool we have but it is a very fucking helpful one.

#5 Thread Starter Thread Starter
  6. x

x Regional Manager

Ok so the first part, you've been making posts and complaining about the issue since the end of last month which is fine (i messaged the dev the end of the last month) but i also mentioned that it was holiday so give the dev some time to get back into the groove of things. The dev just came back around last week from the holidays, i've told you time and time again that i had notified the dev. So either 1. you don't listen or don't understand the idea that i send word to the dev to look into the issue or 2. you think it's a simple solution that can be done instantly/quickly. I chose to believe in the latter.

So you have proven my point about the bans and the other administrative functions, now that reason we limit banning is because 1. People will make mistakes or ban with uncertainty (some people might protest this, in fact someone did and it went uncontested for some time) 2.People don't tend to rejoin a server after being banned (I know because we have a log of bans for the server) 3.Some of the players in the community today were banned before and have since improved on their attitude, thus it wouldn't be fair to ban someone for a long period of time and not give them another chance. 4.Ultimately the manager(s) has total say of who they want on the server/don't want, thus it would be easier to inform the manager about potential players that they should perma ban.

7. Gawky

Gawky Active Member

Money:
    $315
    Okay, I've been making posts and complaining. Yes I have, I won't deny it. But I continue to do it because you've said you contacted them. I get it they have been contacted, I also get it cannot be done instantly/fast. But we should be notified how the progress of it has been going so far. Yet the only things we get told, "The dev's been notified."

Now I get all of that, Ostrig has been informed MANYYYYY times about players needing more bans. Players can be given another chance after the time they got is done which was clearly deserved. Even if they join back or not it still don't change the fact that the players ban time should be increased because it was clearly deserved in the end. Also no one is saying that they should be banned for a long period of time, I'm stating that a week would be a good amount of time for those players that get banned would be good for things they have done either constantly or have done something bad. Now in the end of this, What if there's a time that no mods are on and this hacker comes back after being a day banned and staff cannot stop it because there either busy or not available to help.

#7 Thread Starter Thread Starter
  8. Terradox

Terradox Well-Known Member

Money:
    $889
    Ohhhh I get it. Gawky just wants updates on what the dev is doing to fix the issue. Gawky's not saying that its an instantaneous solution or that x didnt contact, but he just wants to know where the dev is in fixing it (kind of like a progress bar when on a loading screen). However, x is technically right in not giving updates cause it doesn't really serve any purpose whether we are given updates on the dev's progress (unless we can help them), but I understand that it's more of a reassurance. As with the Moderator bans, I think Gawky is saying that it's more convenient to ban them for a small and reasonable duration, notify the manager, and let him sort it out as to perma ban or second chance it. Btw hacking is bannable it's the second BG rule. Doesn't say anything about slaying them first. But it has to be obvious hacking not raging to ban someone cause they're good with a sniper. Lastly, pretty sure it's only a one day ban cause as x said, "banning with uncertainty" is very plausible and "very not allowed".

I'm just curious as to if we will be given updates on the dev's progress. X said they were notified and are working on it. If yes on the updates, sweet, if not, thats cool too because again it doesn't really serve a purpose other than reassurance.

9. Gawky

Gawky Active Member

Money:
    $315
    Finally, Thank you...

#9 Thread Starter Thread Starter
  10. x

x Regional Manager

Asking for update from a dev. is simply going to take time out of their debugging which is highly time consuming. There's also not a great way of "relaying" progress as it's either fixed or not fixed. What would you liked to hear from the dev?

11. Terradox

Money:
    $889
    By relaying progress I mean a time frame. I was simply curious as to if updates could be received without using up much of the dev's time. If anything at all, I assume most of us would like to hear a reasonable estimate of how long it could take. Yes i understand its not a simple and quick process but if this could take weeks/months to fix, I feel like everyone should know so that there is no excuse to keep bothering you about this. The problem is everyone is just speculating that "there is no dev "and "there will never be an update leave the server while you can!" (I actually heard this in-game). It justs seems like the complaints won't go away so hearing an announcement from the dev would seem to go a long way in easing everyone's minds

Only if it's possible to receive a time frame from the dev. Again, if not because he's busy fixing it up, thats cool too. Don't wanna bother the dev if they are actually rigorously trying to fix the server.

12. x

x Regional Manager

This is not a personal dev/we're not paying a salary to this person, i don't know how their schedule is going to be/timeframe all i know is that the system is large and it will take a while to get around all the issues for system. As you saw, the dev released a faulty update for the shop and instantly something went wrong, thus they required time to correct/figure out what went wrong with the update. This is usually a endless cycle and honestly depends on the developer and how they manage errors/things that go wrong. In general i don't think we will/can get an timeframe as unexpected things tend to happen and maybe they won't have much time to debug etc. It just isn't sensible to give you guys a time frame either since if they dev doesn't meet it all the blame will go to a certain someone and it'll just generate more unhappiness.

13. Terradox

Money:
    $889
    Oh sorry I thought this was a personal dev. That completely changes it. And yeah you're right that if the dev doesn't meet and there are unexpected delays it'll create a lot more problems.

I just kinda assumed that the dev worked for you. I think that's what people might've been confused by also. We thought it was just someone you have immediate contact with who could relay frequent updates. I probably won't bring it up again unless something else gets messed up like the shop update. Thanks for the clarification

14. [MG] Jibz

[MG] Jibz Active Member

Money:
    $133
    If I get a copy of the addons we have curently (the scripts) I can go in them and fix them. Just to let you know :)

15. [MG] Jibz

[MG] Jibz Active Member

Money:
    $133
    I just need to know what the dev did for the update because if theres one error, it creates multiple errors so if I know what he updated last that caused this.. I can look into it

16. Terradox

Money:
    $889
    Hey here's someone who could help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.