Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hueman

Hueman New Member

Money:
    $23

Suggestions for murder Server!

Discussion in 'Garry's Mod' started by Hueman, Jan 22, 2018.

Currently, the murder server is 24/7 Minecraft. Which isn't too bad but it does bring it a fair amount of really young players which is sometimes of an issue as they just RDM. Also After a couple of rounds it disconnects everyone and changes the map to the same map? So instead of just complaining, me and Hi I'm Baul thought Hey why not help. Here are some of our suggestions!

First, If you want to keep the 24/7 minecraft, Why not add some more minecraft maps. So I took some time out of my day with another regular, Hi I'm Baul. While we were testing these maps we did think of if the map is too big, too small etc. With one exception of these maps aren't official supported murder maps so hints would have to be manually added which really isn't as bad, Just some commands.

Minecraft maps:
    ttt_mc_jondome - Fairly decent sized map, Some secrets and some death traps. Pretty good map for about 8ish players and up. Invis borders around the map. Final thoughts 7/10

ttt_mc_valley_v2 - Perfectly sized map, not to big - not to small. In my opinion this map is perfect with the exception of. If you climb the trees to the top you can jump off and fall down and get stuck, but I'm pretty sure with the health given in murder you will die. Final thoughts 8/10

ttt_mc_downtown - The best for last! Perfect sized map. It's basically a little town. I can see a lot of funny rp moments happening on this. I believe there is no secrets or death traps either. Rating 9.5/10 (.5 off for no secrets or traps)

Non-Minecraft maps:

md_clue - Officially supported murder map & Popular murder map as well. If any maps are being added, this should 100% be one

cs_office - My favorite map to play murder on. It is also a officially supported map as well so no need to add hints in. Just the normal css map.

mu_abandoned - Decent sized map, Also made for murder. Has a creepy/horror look to the map. While playing on the map I found a quite a lot of cool spots.

To conclude, these are just my suggestions as a regular member on the murder server! I'd love to see more players on it having as much fun as possible! Thank you for reading and checking my post out!

2. Hi Im baul

Hi Im baul New Member

Money:
    $13
    I agree, we need more maps to keep the server fresh so we will gain more regulars and increase the server population overall.

3. x

x Regional Manager

The main pull of the murder server is the map, it's a well known map and draws in players because of this (as well as having no texture issues).
    We wouldn't mind adding maps if we form a strong murder community which includes active forum presence, we have in the past had another murder server that didn't do well due to it's map rotation so for now we'll hold off on deciding until we get more opinions from players.

4. __Slicer__

__Slicer__ Boyish Man Meat

Money:
    $131
    It's nice that there are a lot of positive players in the Murder community, that are really trying to make the server thrive.

5. Hi Im baul

Hi Im baul New Member

Money:
    $13
    Sorry we weren't aware that you tried this before but the main people that we see come on the server are children. The other people that seem mature and enjoy the server seem to get bored eventually that why we thought getting new maps could hopefully make people stay longer and hopefully grow the murder community. I understand that you want more input from the players on the server but i can only think of a handful of people that actually come on the server more then once at week (also i'm pretty sure only me and Hueman have an account on here). I'll ask the people I see often when I'm on the server and try to see what they think about more maps.

6. Nuktuk

Nuktuk Active Member

Money:
    $31
    I currently play murder on the potatoe servers and 95% of the time we just play the same old mansion map. And you have to start a vote to change maps. It would be nice to have a server I enjoy that regularly changes maps.

7. I3litzWorgen

I3litzWorgen New Member

Money:
    $11
    Honestly, I think that any map would be good at this point. The server just needs a little more variety, but it's an amazing server none the less!

8. __Slicer__

__Slicer__ Boyish Man Meat

Money:
    $131
    This idea has been contemplated & experimented before, on an old Trouble In Terrorist Town server. The population greatly decreased due to the map rotation system. Now of course, there are other variables to take into account, such as that this is a totally different community, and a different gamemode, but I believe it wouldn't be as successful as you would believe it to be, but your suggestions are always appreciated and are always taken into account, so thank you for your support of the murder server.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.