Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSaltyPug

    TheSaltyPug Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2016
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    23
    Trophy Points:
    29
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $81

    MC Warzone - Another Salty Server!

    Discussion in 'Other Game Servers' started by TheSaltyPug, Sep 8, 2017.

    Hello all! Some might remember my post, "The Salty Server," where I discussed my Minecraft server. That was taken down, and now I have one again, generously hosted by Fuzzy.

    WHAT I NEED FROM PEOPLE:

    - Builders – people who are willing to put time into building decent looking areas fro players. Priority is the spawn area. I will not have an open server without a spawn.
    - Staff – this is a little less important, because there isn’t even a player base yet. But its needed.
    - If you’re interested in this server at all, or can get people to play on it, join the discord:

    https://discord.gg/RJh6k33

    IP to the server is TPGWarzone.ddns.net

    As a reference, the acronym NYI stands for “Not Yet Implemented.”

    Want to apply for staff?
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScSZLQUgkp0ARMPolVCpQ3D4NY1boa51YeWctHH6fWBF1hrbA/viewform

    Welcome to the Warzone! This is a general Minecraft factions server. There really isn't anything special about it.

    Time Based Ranks (TBRs) are set up very similarly to the TPG Garry’s Mod servers. Players start out with the default rank. They play an active amount on the server to gain access to helpful commands, such as voting. TBRs are as follows:

    Member – Default. I was going to make people have to join a Steam group for this, but I’ve lost interest in maintaining my plugin
    Regular – 48 Hours
    Trusted – 100s Hours
    Elder – 200 Hours

    There are also Kill Based Ranks (KBRs). Players rank up as they achieve higher amounts of player kills. All KBRs have their own special kit that they can use. Kills from dueling (NYI) do not count. KBRs are as follows:

    Grunt – Default.
    Guard – 50
    Knight – 100
    General – 250
    Warlord – 500

    Mob Arena (NYI) – players can join an arena where they fight alone or with a team to defeat waves of enemies. Participants receive round based prizes.

    Dueling (NYI) – This is one of my custom plugins. Players can challenge another player to a private duel, where only they can fight. Players can fight with their own gear, or they can fight with provided kits. Dueling bypasses factions, so you can duel others from your own faction! More information pending as the plugin develops.

    LWC – LWC is the entity locking plugin we use. Players can lock chests, trapped chests, doors, and other select blocks to prevent other players from accessing their items. LWC locks can be overridden with faction claiming. Simply use the /f claim command on a chuck with a claimed chest.

    Guns – Guns are on the server! Guns are based on the CSGO weapons. Guns have custom models, so be sure to use the resource pack! Gun can be unboxed through crates (NYI), and have a 25% chance of dropping on death. For the other 75%, they should stay with you (NYI).

    Bounties – You can place and make money from bounties on other players. Were you randomly killed, or just don’t like them? Place a bounty on them and pay other people to kill them.
     
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. AKWturptz

    AKWturptz Member

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2017
    Messages:
    178
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    17
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $141
    Did your old server have an active player base? And was it a big player base? For the past few years it has become so hard to promote a new MC server even if it's worth playing on. Too many servers make it hard to choose one to play on. Back when 1.5.2 came out I had a self built MC server that I was hosting on a VPS and it took months to accumulate a small player base. After it finally started to "explode" it wasn't long before it started to loose players and I decided to end it. I can help if you have any questions as I'm still very familiar and good with servers and all the commands / settings.
     
  3. TheSaltyPug

    TheSaltyPug Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2016
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    23
    Trophy Points:
    29
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $81
    to Be frank, there was never even a player base. I hadn't put a lot of effort into it, and never advertised it.
     
    #3 Thread Starter Thread Starter
  4. Ven

    Ven Belly Pic Reciever | Designer

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2017
    Messages:
    175
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    17
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $44
    I wonder where my rank is :/
     
  5. Cerberus Maniac

    Cerberus Maniac aka Cerbiac

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2016
    Messages:
    1,586
    Likes Received:
    539
    Trophy Points:
    114
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $55
    I am more of a functionality builder, but I could build decent areas if I put the effort into it.
     
  6. Cerberus Maniac

    Cerberus Maniac aka Cerbiac

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2016
    Messages:
    1,586
    Likes Received:
    539
    Trophy Points:
    114
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $55
    I'll add staff roles to my Discord and label them as unofficial so there is no fuss.
     
  7. Archangel King4949

    Archangel King4949 Demonic Little Bitch

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2017
    Messages:
    468
    Likes Received:
    61
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $246
    Same, Im down to build some towers or some areas :O
     
  8. TheSaltyPug

    TheSaltyPug Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2016
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    23
    Trophy Points:
    29
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $81
    I updated the OP with a link to an application.
     
    #8 Thread Starter Thread Starter
  9. Canadian-bacon

    Canadian-bacon Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2015
    Messages:
    1,567
    Likes Received:
    1,181
    Trophy Points:
    114
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $1,662
    Warzone eh?
     
  10. Cerberus Maniac

    Cerberus Maniac aka Cerbiac

    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2016
    Messages:
    1,586
    Likes Received:
    539
    Trophy Points:
    114
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $55
    "I want people to have PTSD."
     
  11. TheSaltyPug

    TheSaltyPug Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2016
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    23
    Trophy Points:
    29
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $81
    Made the server public. IP is TPGWarzone.ddns.net. Still not much to do.
     
    #11 Thread Starter Thread Starter
  12. Archangel King4949

    Archangel King4949 Demonic Little Bitch

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2017
    Messages:
    468
    Likes Received:
    61
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $246
    why did it change?
     
  13. Gawky

    Gawky Active Member

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2017
    Messages:
    527
    Likes Received:
    24
    Trophy Points:
    29
    Gender:
    Male
    Money:
    $315
    It had changed due to the fact that it's getting upgraded to a better program to help the server, The new IP is warzonemc.fluctis.com
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.